Thursday, August 29, 2013

Part 2 of the Vanity Face lift! (another no cost redo)

So I had a day off today and my original plans was to paint my new living room... however I do not have my new living room yet due to some kind of error. We were suppose to close yesterday morning but there was a hiccup. The house is a short sale so its been a long process. We are holding on to our patience the best that we can. Anyways back to the purpose of this post. Since I had all of this free time today I decided to tackle Aideen's (my daughter) vanity. I did the stool already and you can see the post here.

This is the before of the vanity... silly me took the mirror off before I took the picture. So it is sitting on the love seat behind it. Dont mind the clutter there was small children running rampant. :) In order to make Aideen's room look similar to Coraline's we need white furniture. I do not really want to go out and buy new furniture if I dont have to, so instead I am painting all of her furniture to be more cohesive. With the stool having the black and white damask print seat I wanted to add some pretty texture to the table top of the vanity. I had an old lace curtain that I had laying around. Remember... I am a craft supply hoarder. I have quite a collection of random things. Anyhow I had this lace curtain and decided to modpodge it to the top. I just brushed the modpodge on and spread the lace on it. After it dried I cut the excess lace off. Then I painted the entire vanity white. 

 So this is what the top looked like all finished up. After painting it white I used Polyacrylic over it to seal it in and make it shine some. I used Polyacrylic over Polyurethane so it would not yellow. On the base of the vanity I used the antiquing glaze to well... antique it. I did not antique the top because I wanted it to replicate the bright white of the vanity stool. 
So here it is... all beauitful, elegant and fresh. The next project for her room will be her bed! Cant wait. 
All materials used for this project was materials that I have used from previous projects such as the living room table transformation

No comments:

Post a Comment