Monday, August 5, 2013

Hall Bathroom $30 remodel!

So after 5 years it was time for Winnie the Pooh to go. His playful preschool existence served its purpose in the hall bathroom but it was time for a mature sophisticated presence to take place. It was also Ashley's first change to make this home her new home. The entire project costed less than $30 (well right at $30 if you include the light bulbs). I save all of my old paint from previous projects through out the house so we were able to use all left over paint. I think it all went real well together. We had a palette of a blue-grey, creamy off white and oil rubbed bronze (and some chalk board paint). We found a light cover for the vanity light at the Habitat for Humanity store for $8.00! At first we had a panic moment because it didn't fit, but Andrew came to our rescue and just pushed the lights together... we didn't know they did that! The beautiful elegant shower curtain was $6.99 and the liner was $3.99 at Ross. The tree pictures were actually photos I had taken while on vacation in Pennsylvania. I had already had them printed for another purpose but they worked so well for the bathroom. I got a set of 2 frames at Michaels for $11.21 (I had a Michaels' coupon in my email!) We stayed up all night Friday night painting while the kids slept and finished up on Saturday morning. For a little bit of money and some great sister bonding we have a totally transformed bathroom! Now we grown ups can use the bathroom in a grown up atmosphere. 






1 comment:

  1. Great job! Can't beat that for $30!! Love the shower curtain! And what a great suggestion to use photos for artwork...I'll have to do that too =)

    ReplyDelete