Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A peek at an upcoming furniture face lifting!

It has been a little while! We are still waiting to hear on the final closing date on our new house. The appraisal company is putting a kink in things. Anyhow in the mean time I am still working on projects so that there will be less to do once we move in! My daughter has decided she wants a Coraline inspired bedroom. Yes like the movie. She likes the room of  Coraline's in the other mother's world. Aideen (my daughter) already has a white bed we will just need to jazz it up a bit. She also has a vanity but it had a wood grain look and the cushion cover had seen better days. We started with the vanity stool and that is what I am sharing in today's blog. 

As you can see on the left that the yellowish wood would not fit into the look of the Coraline bedroom. I had leftover white paint from the living room furniture face lift so I used that to paint the legs of the stool. 
 I also used the antiquing glaze from the living room furniture project to distress it up a bit. As I was wiping it off a little bit of the white paint was rubbing off in places. It helped to add to the distressed look. (this stool is not made of real wood) 
 Being a photographer I have collected various fabrics to use as backdrops and such for newborns. I have decided that I will no longer be doing newborn sessions and that I can re-purpose the fabric for other uses. I have already used some of this black and white damask print for a chair that will go in Aideen's room so I decided to use what was left over to repeat it on the stool to tie it all in together. I simply removed the top by   unscrewing the seat from the legs and then using a staple gun staple the fabric to the seat. 

So for basically no additional costs because I reused materials from other projects this fancy smancy stool face lift was ... free. Soon I will post how the vanity itself turned out.  
Thanks for stopping in! 

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment