Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The start of my farm house dining area

I wanted to make some kind of sign to go above the window where I hung my teal colored shutters. I got those shutters from the Habitat for Humanity store for $10 each! I am really picky what signs say. I am usually not a fan of signs that have words actually unless they are like authentic signs for products and such. So I searched through pinterest for ideas and saw a general store sign. I liked it. It was simple and would go along with the country farm feel that we want. So I went out to the shed here. They left alot of stuff out there and some of it I have found to be quite useful. Anyhow I found this piece of wood which looked like an old leaf to a table. It was the perfect size. It took me awhile to decide on how I wanted the letters and decided that I wanted the letters to be the wood tone. I was thinking about making stencils for this by printing off big letters and tracing and cutting them out. I am horrible at stenciling and figured it would be best to free hand it. Its not perfect but I like it. Here is what it looks like in my dining room so far. The cabinet on the left will be transformed soon into my coffee bar. I will post about that once it is done!


No comments:

Post a Comment