Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Found a gem in all of the disaster!

While we were cleaning out the shed (the mess was not ours but in there when we bought it!) I found this! I love it. Its naturally rustic and beautiful! I knew instantly I wanted to use it as a bench at the foot of my bed. 
 I went to Home Depot and bought two 2 inch foam cushions for about $6 a piece and then I headed to the fabric store and bought a yard of fabric for $10.95. So the whole project cost me about $24! I used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the bottom of the top. I made sure to stretch everything really tight. Its not perfect but it will do! Then I just simply waxed the bottom. I wanted to bring out all of the natural wear. I put two coats of wax on it then buffed it out! It was a great addition to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment