Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Can you guess what I am going to use these for?

I scored these beauties for a whole $10 a piece! They were old, with great chipping and peeling paint. I was in love. First I had to clean them up. Then I did a quick sand. I wanted the texture of the old paint to show through. 

 After I cleaned them I painted them. I didn't bother getting them perfect because I wanted some of the old paint to show through. That is part of what made them cool! 
 I had mixed up my own chalk paint for the doors so I used a wet sanding technique on them using a sanding sponge. I would wet it and then rub the paint off in the spots that I wanted the old paint to sow through more. 
 After that was finished I then used a glaze in areas to add more contrast and character to the doors. They were a little brighter than I had planned and wanted to bring them down a notch. 
 After the painting, distressing and antiquing was down I put poly acrylic over everything. 

So do you have any guesses what I am using these doors for? I will be posting a reveal soon ( I hope I still have some work to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment